We all agree that the voting public should be informed so that it can vote intelligently.
Brian Hughes believes the following reports are important and should be easily available to you, the voting public.
1. The Southold Review & Reform Task Force Report, September, 2022, please click here.
- This task force finds serious concerns with the current Justice, who is currently running for re-election.
- These concerns include, but are not limited to, not advising non-English speaking defendants that they have a right to use translation services available to them. This means that defendants are in his court and do not understand their rights or what is being said. (pp. 37, 85, & 89).
2. "The Working Families Party" by Brian Hughes, September, 2023, please click here.
- Outlines the policies of the Working Families Party (WFP) which endorses 75% of the Southold Democratic candidates.
- The 2023 Candidates were required to answer a lengthy questionaire to obtain the WFP endorsements and are not allowed, by the WFP, to have any police endorsements.
- The WFP supports defunding the police, cashless bail and other unsafe & unpopular policies.
3. Bernie Sanders Calls the Working Families Party ‘the Closest Thing’ to Socialism